Powered By Blogger

Monday 24 September 2012

Hallie went to see a consultant in respiratory medicine last week.  She was referred by our GP due to concerns that the port wine stain covers the whole of her neck and part of her chest and this can sometimes affect the heart apparently.  The consultant was a very kind warm young woman, different to most consultants, and tried to reassure me that Hallie would be okay and she would get all the treatments/appointments she needed without delay.  She sent Hallie for a chest x-ray - Hallie was a very good girl and stayed still for it!

Hallie also has to stay the night in hospital tomorrow so her oxygen saturation levels can be monitored to make sure her breathing is okay.  Then, she is having her bloods and urine taken - they are being thorough, mainly due to her slow weight gain I think.

Hallie was weighed last week (aged 18 weeks) and weighed 9lb 14oz - I was pretty shocked, disappointed and worried, I felt disappointed that I hadn't managed to make her bigger with my milk and worried that it might be something serious linked to her PWS.  She was born on the 50th centile and is now on the 2nd so has dropped significantly.  I have asked the health visitor to refer her to a dietician so fingers crossed this is not a big problem and something that can be fixed with a bit of special fatty formula - she has been referred to ENT to investigate her large tongue and gums and her congestion problem she has had since 2 weeks old which could be making it more difficult for her to breathe resulting in her using all her calories up breathing rather than growing.

Anyway, I'll stop there as I didn't want this blog to be all doom and gloom!!  I shall post some cute pics of my beautiful Hallie instead x

 2 days old


 first bath at home

 daddy cuddle

 hallie aged 5 weeks

 bath time with her big bros

 O-lay!

 little ballerina xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment